Friday, September 12, 2008

Top 3 Places I Want to go to for Happy Hour Tonight

Get an Old Style beer and a hot dog at Murphy's Bleachers Bar, Chicago, Illinois

Join the crowd at Murphy's Bleachers

The Yard House, Desert Ridge Marketplace, Phoenix, Arizona
So many beers, so little time!

George's at the Cove, La Jolla, California (newly remodeled!)
Happy memories spent with my friend Kim and feasting on grilled mussels.


The View at George's at the Cove. Need I say more?



It's Friday, the last day of yet another grueling week of work. It's time to unwind and begin what is supposed to be a relaxing weekend. No matter what your weekend is filled with, it is always fun to sneek in a Happy Hour (or two)before your weekend begins.

When the kids were at home, it was the break between my career work and my home work: the kids overnight sleepovers, followed by unending soccer tournaments, throw in a few birthday parties and sometimes attend Church. I enjoyed the adult time and sipped (okay, I admit it, I guzzled) a nice pinot noir and chatted with girlfriends. It made the transition from work to home smooth and easy.

Now that I blog at home with no one here but my golden retriever puppy to distract me all day, my reasoning behind going to happy hour has changed dramatically.

Happy Hour is good for me because:
* It makes me get out of my pj's and shower; and

* I can practice my language skills with people, not just, "drop it, time to get busy or do you want to go for a walk?", words I say to my pup all day long.

Assuming I could go to Happy Hour anywhere in the world tonight, my top 3 selections for this week are:

Murphy's Bleachers Bar, Chicago, Illinois
Yard House, Phoenix, Arizona
George's at the Cove, La Jolla, California











2 comments:

Lisa Eshelman said...

I went to the Yard House for the first time last Friday, with my Desert Ridge BNI buddies. I was amazed at the beer selection. What a great place to meet up.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

The Yard House even has Hard Pear Cider. Something I had previously only found in Sweden.