Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Presidential Political Blogs Are a Big Distraction

Yesterday from 8:00 am until 3:45 pm I read political blog post after blog post from Hang Right Politics to the Huffington Post. I don't favor or prefer the stuffy conservative blogs or the angry liberal blogs, I just understand that there is a certain percentage of people in each party that can only see black or white (no pun intended). The blogs are, however, very addicting. Why just yesterday, I read the whole charter for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, discovered there is a large group called the Log Cabin Republicans and saw 400 hundred pictures of Sarah Palin. I know the statements made and the designer clothes the potential first ladies wear. I think both Michelle and Cindy have interesting style selections except for one ugly yellow dress and one flowers-around the neck dress. "Gaffe" seemed to be the word of the day and was repeated on hundreds of blogs.






For a break, I watched youtube video after video, some funny and some ridiculous. My favorite was a spoof between McCain and Palin. I watched it several times and sent to several friends.






As I pulled my bottom off the chair at 3:45 pm realizing that I had company coming for dinner and I still needed to go to the store and clean house, I determined that I shouldn't read so many blogs in one day. It is a big distraction from the other things I am supposed to be doing. Maybe I learned a thing or two or maybe I just wasted a day in my life, but its just the distraction I needed. I did not think about my new empty nest status all day.

No comments: